4 3/4″ 120 mm
Very sharp, fine
ESD Diamond coating type DC
- This coating is composed of carbon clusters which develop a crystal structure similar to a natural diamond and practically detain the same properties of the diamond. The quota of the sp3-configured carbon lies at around 80-95%, which is the reason for the high quota of diamond structure. This high-tech coating is done by a very innovative plasma-assisted deposition technique. Furthermore, due to its procedure, the coating is completely free of hydrogen. During this process a pure diamond film grows directly on the exposed surfaces of the metallic substrate (this is not diamond powder adhesively bonded on the metal surface).
- Mechanical properties: High hardness (up to 80 GPa). High adhesion to the metallic substrate. Black colour and low thickness (2 microns), high elasticity.
- Wear resistence: Extremely high wear and abrasion resistance (protects fine tip tweezers from wear). No particulate shedding (no contamination of the handled components).
- Electrical properties: This coating provides a ESD Safe coating with surface resistance 106 Ohm.
- Chemical resistance: Chemically inert up to 350°C. Bio-compatible (maintain cell integrity, no inflammatory response), no contamination of biological tissue with metal particles, very clean material.
Stainless Steel type SA
- Low carbon Austenitic steel.
- Contains from 16.5 to 18.5 wt% chromium and has important quantities of nickel and molybdenum as additional alloying elements.
- Good corrosion resistance to most chemicals, salts and acids.
- Generally used where corrosion resistance and toughness are primary requirements.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in moderately aggressive chemical environments.