4 1/2′ 115 mm
Very fine, curved
Stainless steel type SA
- Low carbon Austenitic steel.
- Contains from 16.5 to 18.5 wt% chromium and has important quantities of nickel and molybdenum as additional alloying elements.
- Good corrosion resistance to most chemicals, salts and acids.
- Generally used where corrosion resistance and toughness are primary requirements.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in moderately aggressive chemical environments.
Inox Steel type S
- Martensitic higher carbon steel.
- Contains from 12.5 to 14.5 wt% chromium.
- Can be hardened by heat treatment, forming should be done in the annealed condition.
- Less resistant to corrosion than the Austenitic or Ferritic grades.
- Used where strength and/or hardness are of primary concern and where the environment is relatively mild from a corrosive standpoint.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in mild aggressive chemical environments.