6 1/4″ 160 mm
Large tips with special satin finish on tips and grips
Inox Steel type S
- Martensitic higher carbon steel.
- Contains from 12.5 to 14.5 wt% chromium.
- Can be hardened by heat treatment, forming should be done in the annealed condition.
- Less resistant to corrosion than the Austenitic or Ferritic grades.
- Used where strength and/or hardness are of primary concern and where the environment is relatively mild from a corrosive standpoint.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in mild aggressive chemical environments.
Titanium type TA
- Titanium Grade 1 (unalloyed titanium)
- Engineering materials with extraordinary combination of properties: relatively low density (4.5 g/cm3), good mechanical properties and a very high melting point that allows the use at high temperatures (1600°F, 870°C).
- Good corrosion resistance at room temperature to air, marine and a variety of industrial environments.
- Good cold formability, high ductility.
- Fully non-magnetic.
- Generally it is used when in addition to the corros ion resistance, high strength-to-weight ratio is required.
- Typical applications include handling of components in cleaning/chemical processes also at high temperature, histology, biology, medicine, surgery.