- 5 1/2″ – 140 mm.
- Extra fine, very sharp, straight tips, superior finish.
- Suitable to delicate applications which require holding a small component firmly while granting good visibility.
- The diamond coating provides the tips with a smooth surface along with extremely high wear and abrasion resistance.
Tip coating: High-tek coating DC.
- This coating is composed of carbon clusters which develop a crystal structure similar to a natural diamond and practically detain the same properties of the diamond.
- The quota of the sp3-configured carbon lies at around 80-95%, which is the reason for the high quota of diamond structure. This high-tech coating is done by a very innovative plasma-assisted deposition technique. Furthermore, due to its procedure, the coating is completely free of hydrogen.
- During this process a pure diamond film grows directly on the exposed surfaces of the metallic substrate (this is not diamond powder adhesively bonded on the metal surface).
- Black colour with low thickness (2 microns).
- High elasticity and high hardness (up to 80 GPa).
- High adhesion to the metallic substrate.
- Extremely high wear and abrasion resistance (protects fine tip tweezers from wear).
- Chemically inert up to 350°C and ESD safe coating with surface resistance 104 ohm.
- Very clean material, no particulate shedding (no contamination of the handled components).
- Bio-compatible (maintain cell integrity, no inflammatory response), no contamination of biological tissue with metal particles.
Body material: Stainless Steel type SA.
- Low carbon austenitic steel (Material number 1.4435, DIN X2CrNiMo18-14-3, AISI number 316L).
- Contains from 16.5 to 18.5 wt% chromium and has important quantities of nickel and molybdenum as additional alloying elements.
- Non-magnetizable (80%).
- Good corrosion resistance to most chemicals, salts and acids.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in moderately aggressive chemical environments.