- 4 1/2″ – 115 mm.
- Wide, short, flat, tapered, straight tips.
- Suitable to applications which require holding a flat, soft component firmly.
- The carbon fiber reinforced ESD and non-scratching properties.
Tip material: Engineering plastic type CF.
- PA66/CF30 – polyamide 66 reinforced with 30 wt% carbon fibre.
- ESD safe material, lead-free.
- High mechanical strength and toughness.
- Low friction, self lubricating properties, excellent wear and abrasion resistance.
- Heat stabilized, 130°C (continuos use) – 190° (short time).
- Very low coefficient of linear thermal expansion.
- Very high rigidity, excellent tensile and flexural strength (bend strength), fatigue and creep resistance.
- Good chemical resistance (oils, grease, fuels, non polar solvents), but not resistant to strong acids, alkalis, hot water or steam.
- Applications include handling of sensitive components and devices (electronic components, micro-mechanical parts, glass and ceramic substrates, etc.) where non-scratching is critical. Popular in standard ESD and general electronics assembly and lab applications.
Body material: Stainless steel type SA.
- Low carbon austenitic steel (Material number 1.4435, DIN X2CrNiMo18-14-3, AISI number 316L).
- Contains from 16.5 to 18.5 wt% chromium and has important quantities of nickel and molybdenum as additional alloying elements.
- Non-magnetizable (80%).
- Good corrosion resistance to most chemicals, salts and acids.
- Typical applications for the electronic industry, watch-makers, jewelers and laboratory and medical applications in moderately aggressive chemical environments.